1.10.2014

28 Weeks


This has been a frequent scene around here lately! I love snow and think it's so beautiful. Monday we had what had to be record-setting cold. The windchill reached -20, and I graciously refused to 1) get ready, and 2) go outside for a picture. Don't worry--I haven't changed too much since last week. So that my pregnancy documentation is accurate, let's pretend it's January 6, the day I should have written this post. :)
Baby: Owen can distinguish my voice from Ryan's voice, and his movements are getting stronger and stronger! 
Total weight gain: um, like 22 pounds. Have I mentioned that my mom gained 50 pounds when she was pregnant with me? I'm probably right on track. Haha. 
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing maternity tops most of the time. Other than a pair of leggings and one pair of black skinnies, I haven't found any maternity pants that fit me right. I've gotten pretty good at improvising for now. 
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great, unless interrupted by the oh-so-rude acid reflux. 
Favorite moment of the week: We got our baby showers scheduled, and I'm so excited! My other favorite moment is one I won't soon forget: on New Year's Eve my momma got to feel Owen kick/punch/roll/what-have-ya for the first time. She got so excited and started talking to him: "Owen, it's nana!!! Nana is here!!!" And wouldn't you know he seemed to get excited and move even more? This was the first time anyone has felt him besides Ryan--despite many, many efforts--so it was a big deal! 
Miss anything? I miss my low(er) maintenance body. Ha
Movement: He moves like crazy! 
Cravings? Nothing really
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not in the past week! Praise the Lord. 
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Crazy acid reflux. It's been a nice change from nausea, but really, it can go away now. 
Belly button in or out? Out-ish
Wedding rings on or off? 
Mood: Pretty normal
Looking forward to: Our baby showers in February, my friends' upcoming showers to celebrate their precious babies, and my appointments! I'm also looking forward to blogging about our surprise family shower that I intended to have already done!
Freak-out moment of the week: None really, although I've already started telling Ryan that I'm sad because I don't want Owen to grow up. Sometimes I like to worry in advance... :-)
Thankful for: Family, friends, my doctor, medicine, and a certain healthy baby boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment