1.13.2014

29 Weeks

As soon as we got outside, the wind blew the chalkboard into Ryan's face and hurt his ear. We went to the side of the house, hoping it would be less windy there than it was out front. This picture was taken 3 seconds before a gust of wind caused the chalkboard and (heavy) frame to fall on my head. I got chalk all over me, and we called it quits in hopes that the picture looked ok. ha!
Weeks: 29
Baby: Owen should be a little less than 3 pounds right now. In the third trimester, he'll gain 1/2 a pound a week, on average. It's getting so real!  
Total weight gain: 22ish pounds. ha!
Maternity clothes? I rarely wear a shirt that isn't maternity; it's so much more comfortable. I'm still looking for some pants.
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great
Favorite moment of the week: Our appointment last week went really well. Ryan and I both got the T-dap vaccine, and we got to hear Owen's heartbeat and lots of kicks and punches. ha. He still hasn't turned, which is ok. He isn't considered "breech" until 32 weeks. My doctor did say he'd be more comfortable if he'd turn, but he's "a little stinker." It made us laugh because that's exactly what Ryan calls me all the time. haha. I have also booked a photographer for a newborn session once Owen is here!
My least favorite moment of the week was definitely my sugar test. I know they have all of these flavors now-a-days, but they gave me lemon-lime. It tasted like flat, overly sugary Sprite. I haven't been able to drink Sprite & co. this entire pregnancy. It was disgusting. I got over the taste fairly quickly, but then I started feeling horrible. I managed to stay upright while I waited the hour, but I wanted so badly to lay down. I ended up coming home and sleeping for a few hours. I felt better after that. I kept thinking that I failed the sugar test because it affected my body so much, but I passed!
Miss anything? I'm surprised I am just now feeling this way, but this week I've been missing my normal wardrobe. I've found myself eying cute spring and summer clothes in stores, and I've been itching to buy them. I absolutely refuse to do it, though. :)
Movement: Lots and lots. Love.
Cravings? Nothing consistent. I just realized today that I've been eating a lot of waffles, though. That's sort of new. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Car trips. Oh my goodness. Absolute misery.
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Other than the gestational diabetes test and car trips, I've been feeling really good!
Belly button in or out? Out-ish. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: Apparently now I'm going to the doctor every other week! I think it's exciting. I'm looking forward to that, and to helping host my friend Kelsey's baby shower this Saturday. We are due 10 days apart!
Freak-out moment of the week: None! Seriously, none!
Thankful for: I think I said this last week, but I'm just so thankful for Ryan, our families, and our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment