12.30.2013

27 Weeks



Weeks: 27! I am now in my third trimester! 
Baby: Owen is most likely a little over 2 pounds. He's still developing rapidly, and can now open his eyes if he wants! If he were born today, he'd have a really good chance of surviving. :-)
Total weight gain: 17ish pounds...yikes!
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing maternity tops most of the time; they're usually more comfortable than my regular clothes!
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great
Favorite moment of the week: Several friends and family members got Owen his first Christmas gifts! I loved that. On Thursday night, we had a surprise baby shower with my parents and sisters. It was so special--I'll be giving that one a post of its own later this week!
Miss anything? I miss feeling ok. Yep...we're back to that. 
Movement: He's definitely getting bigger because his movements are getting stronger and stronger. Sometimes I'll catch myself looking around to see if anyone is aware of what just went on inside my body, but obviously nobody ever knows. ha!
Cravings? I currently want shrimp and biscuits; that started yesterday. :) Other than that, I'm honestly back to not wanting to eat anything. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Life
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Everything. I'm back to eating Zofran for breakfast, except now I also have to take Zantac a couple times a day. I have had a pretty "classic" pregnancy, I think. I've been dreading the third trimester because I knew it could be a repeat (or worse) of the first trimester. I woke up feeling terrible in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve, and with a couple of exceptions, it's been downhill from there. I was hoping my third trimester would be a little more welcoming, but it's still better than the first because we don't have as long to go! 
Belly button in or out? Out-ish. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good, but I've cried quite a bit this week. 1) I got really, really cracked up at Ryan on our way to somewhere, which turned into crying. 2) My expectations were not quite met one day this week and I cried and cried. 3) I tried really hard to hold back my tears during our precious baby shower with my family (it worked, but only because it all made me smile so much!). I did really have to try. 4) This was last night: we are basically out of groceries because we've been gone and busy, and for some reason I bawled and bawled, worried that maybe my sisters were out of food, too. I know. It makes no sense. haha! Ryan was sweet about it and said I'm motherly and protective, and then took me to Taco Bell after I texted him a video of me saying "yo quiero Taco Bell." Seriously, we're nuts. :)
Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to no longer having these symptoms. I know the only cure is childbirth, so I'm looking forward to that for multiple reasons! I have gestational diabetes testing next week, as well as my next appointment. I'm now seeing the doctor every three weeks instead of once a month, so that's exciting! 
Freak-out moment of the week: None! After my freak-out moment from week 26, I dreamt that I had a c-section (which I am terrified of), and I can't explain, but the details of the dream left me feeling such peace that I honestly don't feel freaked out or afraid anymore. I'm sure I'll have my moments, but since that dream, I've been able to look past the labor experience and focus on the reward of holding my son! Remember the last time I had a specific dream about my pregnancy? It was at 16 weeks when I dreamt that we found out we were having a boy! 
Thankful for: Medicine. I'm also thankful for our friends and family who are already showering Owen with so much love! 


1 comment:

  1. Sorry it seems you're having a rough go at it! You look beautiful in all your pictures and Gabriel and I enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for sharing (no, you don't share too much).

    ReplyDelete