1.21.2014

30 Weeks


Picture above from 30 weeks 2 days-- just a little late because my handsome photographer has been posing as a pharmacist too much lately. ;) The picture below is from Sunday (29 weeks 6 days). Having a belly has its perks!


Weeks: 30!!
Baby: Owen is developing like crazy. His brain is developing wrinkles, and studies indicate that he can actually dream now while he sleeps! He can open, close, and blink his eyes. He should be somewhere around 3 pounds.
Total weight gain: 22ish pounds at my last appointment. 
Maternity clothes? I finally found some maternity jeans that fit, and they really are significantly more comfortable than most of my regular pants. Nothing beats pjs these days, though.
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great
Favorite moment of the week: I really enjoyed co-hosting my friend Kelsey's baby shower over the weekend! Between Friday and Saturday, I saw six of my pregnant friends. I also got to see my sister and a few non-pregnant friends, but in keeping with the theme here, I thought that was crazy! 
Miss anything? Normal wardrobe.
Movement: Lots of movement. It feels like my organs are having a dance party. That really is the best way I can explain it. ha! Owen seems to enjoy playing in my right rib-cage. He's been there for a little over a week now. It's a strange feeling, and actually tickles a little sometimes. His movements often make me laugh out loud!
Cravings? Nothing consistent. I've been wanting a lot of fruit, but that's a non-pregnancy thing for me, too. 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Mainly car trips.
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Random bouts of heartburn and nausea, but not enough to complain. :) 
Belly button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: My next appointment is Thursday, so I'm excited about that! 
Freak-out moment of the week: None, but I've been thinking about how much our lives are about to change. It can freak me out a little if I let it, but I do feel that the coming changes are all good!
Thankful for: Honestly, I'm thankful that I haven't had to be around a lot of people during my pregnancy. Especially since I'm not teaching this year, I've been able to avoid a lot of the sicknesses going around. I'm almost afraid to leave the house, and I may or may not give dirty looks to people who are obviously sick and out in public anyway. Ha. I'm sure it will only get worse once Owen is here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment