12.23.2013

26 Weeks


Weeks: 26
Baby: Owen should be around 2 pounds! His immune system is developing, and everything else is still being fine-tuned for his entrance into this world!
Total weight gain: 17ish pounds...yikes!
Maternity clothes? Some
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great
Favorite moment of the week: Hearing Owen's heartbeat again at my appointment. It's crazy how much stronger and louder it gets each time! 
Miss anything? Same as last week: I struggle a lot when bending over to put on my shoes, etc. Already. So I guess I miss being able to move like a normal person.
Movement: Lots of movement. Sometimes it gives me a very brief feeling of motion sickness. ha. I love every second, though.
Cravings? All over the board. I sent Ryan to the store for Pork-and-Beans because I wanted that with our dinner. I don't know that we've ever purchased those before. Ha! I made a special trip to buy Reese's Trees. Still not anything very consistent, though.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Overeating and car trips. Christmas should be really fun.
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: I'm still feeling pretty great! I did have to make a run for it at a restaurant this weekend, but my symptoms are a billion times better than they were. Every time I blow my nose (which is quite a bit lately) there is lots of blood. Sorry... I just want to document these things! :) That's been happening for about a month. I've been having sinus issues and my doctor told me to go ahead and use my Nasonex at night. 
Belly button in or out? Out-ish. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: The second week of January I have my gestational diabetes testing, as well as my next appointment. While I know the GD testing isn't typically a fun experience, it is a milestone that I am looking forward to crossing!
Freak-out moment of the week: I woke up crying around 2:00 a.m. Wednesday night/Thursday morning, panicking about labor. (I know, I know...make fun :)) Ryan consoled me and we went back to sleep. At my appointment that morning I asked my doctor if it was normal to be freaking out about that at this point, and she told me it would be abnormal if I weren't. She also told me that if I do have bad anxiety when it's go-time, I'll most likely find that the pain takes over and I won't feel anxious anymore. Grreeaaattt. 
Thankful for: A healthy baby, and that we have more weeks down (26) than we have to go (14)!! My app says there are 98 days til my due-date. I want to hold him so badly that he might be a few months old before anyone else gets a turn. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment