12.16.2013

25 Weeks



Weeks: 25
Baby: Our baby is supposed to be the size of a squash and 1.5 pounds. We're guessing he's at least 2 pounds given his size at our 21 week appointment. Ha. This is about the point where size and weight start varying quite a bit from baby to baby. He should be starting to grasp his hands and wiggle his fingers and toes! Nails are starting to form on his little fingers and toes, too. 
Total weight gain: I'll know an update on Thursday! 
Maternity clothes? Some
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Sleeping great. Loving sleep. I've been naturally waking up earlier lately, which is a good thing!
Favorite moment of the week:  Ryan and I just got back today from our trip to Chicago! We had the best time together. We made Owen a little bear at Build-A-Bear at the Navy Pier. I might have teared up while doing the routine they have you do to give your bear's heart its life. So precious! 

Up until this week, I'd still have people comment on how they couldn't tell I was pregnant. I would usually point to my bump and ask "what do you think this is??" This week I've apparently blown up (as evident by my photo) because everyone asks me right away when I'm due, what we're having, etc. Especially people in elevators. It really was a fun part of our trip for me. :-)
Miss anything? I struggle a lot when bending over to put on my shoes, etc. Already. So I guess I miss being able to move like a normal person.
Movement: Owen moves quite a bit, and I'm still loving it. Ryan has felt him more and more lately, and we can actually see him move if I'm really still!
Cravings? My pizza craving was satisfied this week, so now I'm good! No real cravings.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Overeating and car trips.
Gender: Sweet boy!
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Other than not being able to move like a normal person, I've otherwise felt quite normal! It's been awesome.
Belly button in or out? Out-ish. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: I'm looking forward to my appointment Thursday, and continuing to work on the nursery!
Freak-out moment of the week: Nothing really... an occasional moment of anxiety here and there about how this baby is going to get out of my body. No big deal. :)
Thankful for: My husband, always, and the trip we got to take together. I'm very thankful that my baby has been perfectly healthy this whole pregnancy. I never want to take that for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment