10.14.2013

16 Weeks


Weeks: 16
Baby: Size of an avocado, between 4 and 5 inches in length, and 3.5-4 ounces in weight. 
Total weight gain: 1 pound at my last appointment... I'll know an update on Oct. 30. There is a discrepency between our scales, so I leave that part to them!
Maternity clothes? No, but I am using my BeBand on my higher-rise pants. 
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Sleeping great, but this entire pregnancy I've had really vivid dreams that keep things quite interesting. This week, specifically, I had some really strange ones!
Favorite moment of the week: I have been uncomfortable with the thought of having a boy, which I mentioned in my last post. Tuesday night I had a dream that we were getting our 21 week ultrasound, and it was clear that our little babe was a boy! We gave him a name and worked on a super cute nursery. Ever since then, I've been very, very excited about the possibility of having a boy. I feel the same way about a girl, but now I'm dying to know if my dream holds any truth! It'll be a win-win either way. :)
Miss anything? Not really.
Movement: Nope, but I'm so ready!
Cravings? Nothing consistent except pink lemonade.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Maybe my vitamins? I've skipped out on them the past couple days and have felt much better. 
Gender prediction: I say boy, although at home I do constantly refer to our baby by our girl name. :-)
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: I had a couple of good days this week... ha. I've had random symptoms. Puking, headaches, nosebleeds, lethargy. 
Belly button in or out? Very in. It has caved into the deep abyss. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Normal
Freak-out moment of the week: Wednesday I was begging Ryan to agree on going to an ultrasound clinic to find out the gender sooner than 21 weeks. While I am trying to exercise patience, I've decided to rely on one of my stronger qualities: stubbornness. I am determined to wait til our 21 week appointment, and I will.
Thankful for: I'm still thankful I recorded our babe's heartbeat at our last appointment. I didn't have the best week, and listening to it did help keep things in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. The vitamin-induced nausea is no joke. My doc recommended trying a few different brands, and it helped! The next one I tried didn't bother me!

    ReplyDelete