11.04.2013

19 Weeks


I have a favorite moment from this week that deserves a little more spotlight than my little survey can give. :) Ryan and I were talking about our baby's personality, characteristics, mannerisms, etc. that we wonder about and wish for. I love day-dreaming about those things. It was a sweet conversation, and we determined we have different hopes for our child depending on which gender he/she is. Of course we hope our child is kind, polite, etc. That's not what we're talking about, so don't get yourself in a tizzy here.

 If this precious baby is a girl, I mostly pray that she is strong-willed and confident. I had a difficult time articulating my hopes and prayers for a son, but Ryan was a big help because he knows what boys go through better than I do! We mainly pray that he will have confidence, but also that he will be manly, yet gentle. In our families and the city in which we hope to live, it is going to be really easy for our little one to get swallowed up in others' expectations and desires for his/her life. I told Ryan my main prayer is that our child will be strong-willed enough to know he/she doesn't need to listen to anybody. He sweetly smiled, and I'm sure he was caught off guard because that doesn't sound anything like me at all. ;) I mean it, though. I really do. Besides loving Jesus, that is extremely important to me for our children. I will work really hard to teach him/her those things!

Weeks: 19
Baby: Baby is the size of a softball, weighs half a pound, can frown and smile, has unique fingerprints, and I'm d-y-i-n-g to hold him/her. I told Ryan I wish I could take the baby out of my body, love on him/her for a little bit, then put him/her back to grow some more. Ha
Total weight gain: I'm down a couple of pounds from my first appointment 11 weeks ago. See "symptoms" for more info. 
Maternity clothes? Nope. I've worn a couple of things because they're cute, but not necessary yet.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Sleeping well, and sleeping lots.
Favorite moment of the week:  Hearing baby's heartbeat at my appointment Wednesday! It was 147 bpm, and was a little difficult to hear over all the kicking and movement! I also really enjoyed going to Target with my mom to look at baby gear, and Babies-R-Us with Ryan!
Miss anything? I miss feeling like a normal, healthy human.
Movement: Yes! I know I'll feel it more strongly and frequently as time goes on, but for now it's a real treat. I can feel baby the most when I'm laying down, which has happened a lot lately. 
Cravings? Subway. All day everyday. 9 grain honey oat bread with ham and turkey, American cheese (extra cheese, please), lettuce, tomato, lots of mustard. Mmmmmm.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Riding in a vehicle, I think.
Gender prediction: This week I said girl, but normally I think boy. Our appointment is on Wednesday, November 20th, but you'll have to wait til the next week (pending my self-control). ;)
Labor signs: None, but I have had lots of growing pains! 
Symptoms: "Dear Lord, please keep me and baby alive" has been my literal prayer these past few days (really off and on for the 8 days or so). I have had a few days of feeling like I could pass out at any second, followed by pretty intense fatigue. It's happened when I've been starving, but it's also happened on a full stomach, which always throws me for a loop. I've had a couple of days where I've been able to do nothing but lay down and sleep, and I get really, really frustrated. After a series of a few dramatic events, I talked with my doctor today. I thought the problem might be an iron deficiency, but she thinks it's a combination of my blood pressure ("always on the low side," she said) and my "low weight." The fainting feeling is because of low blood pressure, and the fatigue is because of low weight.  I've been upset about the weight part because I don't feel like I can eat any more than I already do. She gave me some advice to follow to help with both problems. Basically I've been told twice in one week now to eat and drink more than I do. I'm trying! I've been miserable.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: 21 week ultrasound!
Freak-out moment of the week: I freaked out Saturday and almost went to the hospital because I thought I was dying. I know that sounds dramatic, but I honestly did! 
Thankful for: I'm thankful I haven't gotten "pizza face" (yet) like I always thought I would. I'm thankful for Ryan and my mom and their ability to magically calm me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment