11.18.2013

21 Weeks



Weeks: 21
Baby: Baby weighs about 12 ounces and resembles a fully developed human, but he/she could still fit in the palm of my hand. :-) The baby hiccups and practices breathing, and swallows amniotic fluid to practice eating. If baby is a girl, she already has a fully developed reproductive system, including 6-7 million eggs!
Total weight gain: I'm confident that I've gained, and I'll know for sure on Wednesday!
Maternity clothes? Nope. I've worn a couple of things because they're cute, but not necessary yet.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Sleeping well.
Favorite moment of the week:  Getting into the single digits on our find-out-the-gender countdown! Not pregnancy related, we got to spend a couple of days in Fayetteville catching up with several of our friends...which of course led to a meltdown on Sunday when we were back home. I can't blame pregnancy because that happens every time! Ha
Miss anything? Not particularly.
Movement: Yes! It isn't constant, and I worry a lot when I don't feel the baby, but I do feel the little babe quite a bit.
Cravings? Not really
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing in particular
Gender prediction: This is my last chance to predict on my blog before finding out for sure! I really have no idea, but I know that's boring, so I'll say this: I have thought boy for the majority of my pregnancy, and so has everyone else. But the past two weeks I have been saying girl, so that's my final guess. I honestly don't care either way!
Labor signs: None, but I have had lots of growing pains! 
Symptoms: I had a fairly normal week, so that's exciting! I do feel like my skin is about to rip open, which isn't exactly a comfortable feeling.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Normal
Looking forward to: Ultrasound on Wednesday! :-)
Freak-out moment of the week: I freak out when I don't feel the baby move for a day or two at a time.
Thankful for: So thankful my appointment is in two days. Seriously, I'm about to go crazy without seeing my little baby! I'm thankful I have good friends who are pregnant at the same time I am and are a few weeks ahead of me; they've been such an encouragement to me this entire time!

No comments:

Post a Comment