10.28.2013

18 Weeks

Rough picture day... this might be the best we got! :-)
Weeks: 18
Baby: Size of a pear, about 5.5 inches and 6-7 ounces! Baby is starting to hiccup, yawn, and move around!
Total weight gain: I’ll know after my appointment Wednesday!
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep:  I’ve been going to bed early and sleeping hard for 10-12 hours a night. I guess baby and I are growing!
Favorite moment of the week:  I felt baby kicks Saturday morning for a good hour or two! Best feeling in the world! I’ve felt them several times since then, but it’s not very consistent.
Miss anything? No. I’ve had a rough pregnancy as far as how I’ve felt, but really, I love being pregnant. It’s so special!
Movement: Yes!!
Cravings? Random things…nothing consistent. I’ve been wanting over-easy eggs, but I don’t think I’m supposed to eat those while pregnant. This week I’ve also been wanting (and indulging) sweets like crazy, and I’ve never been a sweets eater. It’s weird, and I want it to go away.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing specific
Gender prediction: Either a boy or a girl. ;-)
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: New symptom alert: nosebleeds and acid reflux. Last night I had horrible reflux, unlike any I’ve ever experienced. It felt like hot lava flowing through my esophagus. I’ve also now reached the stage where if I don’t get enough calories, I have to spend my energy trying not to pass out! Woohoo.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Pretty good
Looking forward to: Appointment Wednesday, and scheduling our 2nd ultrasound for 21 weeks! I am more excited to just see our little babe on the ultrasound than I am to find out the gender. It’s hard having seen him/her only once so far. I can’t wait!
Freak-out moment of the week: None
Thankful for: I’m so, so thankful that I’ve been feeling better! I feel like I say this every week, but Ryan is so sweet to talk to the baby and encourage me throughout my pregnancy. I think he was genuinely disappointed when he realized that I could feel the baby’s movements, but he couldn't yet. Ha. He’s the best, and I’m thankful that my sweet little boy or girl will have a really great daddy, just like we both do.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment