10.21.2013

17 weeks


Weeks: 17
Baby: Baby is the size of an apple (about 5 inches and 5-6 ounces)! The kidneys are producing urine, and the liver is producing bile. Cartilage is turning to bone. And the BEST part--the milestone that I have been waiting for--is that the baby can HEAR! Ok, so that's not the best part. This is really selfish, but my actual favorite part is that all research suggests that the baby can hear me and not you. :) He/she can hear my heartbeat and my voice, and I'm super proud about that!
Total weight gain: Update coming after October 30th. :) 
Maternity clothes? Not really, but I am using my Be-Band more.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I've had a couple of sleepless nights, but for the most part I sleep great. I try not to drink anything an hour or two before I go to bed so that I don't have to get up to pee. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 
Favorite moment of the week: 1) I think Ryan and I have agreed on a girl name and a boy name. Definitely the girl name, and 95% sure the boy name.
2) I saw an elderly lady really looking at my bump at one of the craft shows I went to on Friday. She didn't say anything, but it was obvious that she noticed. :-)
Miss anything? Not really.
Movement: Some flutters here and there, but no kicks.
Cravings? Nothing consistent, but I've had a few random (not bizarre) cravings. I sent Ryan to the store twice this week--once for Dreamcicles and later for Velveeta and Rotel, which I never want again.
Anything make you queasy or sick? This was the first week that I've been really bothered by smells. Fudgey smells (nothing new) and sweet coffee drinks, like cappuccinos, are not smelling so great to me. 
Gender prediction: I don't know.
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Symptoms were better this week. I felt nauseated and threw up only one time this week, which is serious progress! This is also the first week of pregnancy in which I have felt hungrier than normal.
Belly button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Normal
Freak-out moment of the week: I really can't think of one!
Thankful for: I'm thankful for our friends and family who have shown such genuine interest in and excitement for our baby! It mostly makes us more excited, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment