3.25.2014

39 Weeks

I can't upload my picture from the computer I'm using, so I will add that later! :)
Weeks: 39
Baby: The only thing left for Owen's little body to do is to decide he's tired of living inside of me! 
Total weight gain: Pushing 30 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yep
Stretch marks? Nothing visible 
Sleep: Sleeping really well, especially for this stage I think.
Favorite moment of the week: We unexpectedly got to see Owen on the ultrasound Friday! We had only seen him once at 8 weeks and once at 21 weeks. I almost didn't want to look because I don't want to ruin my own surprise, but you really can't tell that much on a regular ultrasound anyway. :-) He looks so chunky and squishy, and my heart is a big puddle just thinking about him. I mentioned my anxiety to my doctor by just saying "I worry so much when I don't feel him move a whole lot, and then I worry about whether there are enough fluids..." and my doctor immediately responded, "then we will check all of that!" I got to hear his heartbeat for 30-40 minutes, followed by the ultrasound. I've had a lot more peace since then. By comparing his movements on the ultrasound to how much movement I was feeling, she determined that I'm feeling about 30% of his movements, possibly due to the way he's positioned. 
Miss anything? I want to say "not being pregnant," but that's strictly out of my desire to hold my baby! I'm really not missing anything.
Movement: I pretty much covered this already, but I will add that I have been feeling tons and tons of movements these past two days.
Cravings? Nothing consistent.
Anything make you queasy or sick? I actually haven't been feeling too bad!
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: At my appointment Friday, I was dilated to about a 2. 
Symptoms: Stiiiill pregnant. My main complaint lately has been this crazy leg pain. I hadn't mentioned anything to my doctor about it, but when she was doing the ultrasound she said, "you're probably having a lot of leg pain, aren't you?!" I was glad she said something about it!
Belly button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: Go time!
Freak-out moment of the week: Ok--this isn't even close to being a new thing. I used to panic about this exact thing any time we even thought about our future or mentioned having kids, and I often stated it as a reason for possibly not even wanting to have kids: social/familial obligations. I've done a decent job of putting it out of my mind during this pregnancy, but the closer I get to my due date, the more I am reminded of some of the more invasive changes that might be coming along with it. I'm not ready for it. At all. It's a strong enough feeling that I have even thought, "oh my gosh. I forgot I couldn't have kids because of this! Owen is coming soon! What do I do?!" ha.
^ That's actually not at all what I'd like to say about it, but that little bit will be sufficient to jog my memory when I look back at this later. :) I will say that a lot of it is simply rooted in my personality. I don't like plans, commitments, etc. They make me feel super trapped. 
Thankful for: Healthy, healthy pregnancy and baby. Couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment