3.10.2014

36 & 37 Weeks: Full Term!!


We are officially "full term" today!! :) These past few days I have been reflecting on my pregnancy, thinking about the parts of it that haven't been what I expected, laughing at my twelve week "bump," etc. I have had some serious anxiety the past few nights after hearing several stories about women losing their babies this far into their pregnancies, specifically due to cords around the neck. I panic when I don't think I'm feeling Owen move as much as I should. Twice now (in two days) I've said "ok, if I don't feel him a lot in the next few minutes, we're going to the hospital." He always comes through. :-) I had this type of anxiety at the very beginning, before my 8 week appointment; I had it again around 21-22 weeks, and now again at the end. Needless to say, my mantra has become "I just want him out of me and in my arms!!" basically every day and night. I'm definitely a fan of letting babies stay in the womb for 40 weeks, so for me to be saying that really shows the weight of this anxiety. Nevertheless, I trust the Lord. I do.

I have yet to have any weird or consistent cravings, except maybe lemonade those first several weeks. I haven't eaten any strange food combinations. I haven't worn my husband's t-shirts. I am still painting my toenails. I'm still shaving my legs every day (other than a healthy baby, this is most important to me)! I haven't had "pizza face" like I always feared I would. I haven't been hot-natured. I haven't been particularly moody or emotional, except a few notable times. ;) I am extremely thankful that I haven't bled at all, nor have I had any other type of scare beyond what I've created in my head this week. Those are all things I expected to go differently. Every single one of them. What has gone just as I expected? The puking. Oh, the puking. It's been a while since I have gotten sick, but I think I am scarred forever. The reflux (which seems to get worse each night) has been about what I expected. Really, that's about it. Ha. I have to have water constantly. I freak out if I leave the house without it. I can't even give an estimate of how much water I drink every day. It's insane! My belly is super wide. I'm not "carrying a basketball" up front; instead, I'm noticeably carrying this babe spread across my abdomen. I've felt Owen kicking on the side-seam of my shirt, almost on my back. It's the craziest thing. My doctor said that's just how I carry my babies, and that's why the casual onlooker wouldn't know how big Owen supposedly is.

Weeks: 36-37! 
Baby: He could be around 6.5 lbs now. We shall see! I got "checked" for the first time on Thursday, and he is in position, ready to go!
Total weight gain: 29 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes! The weather is warming up around here, which is a slight problem because all of my maternity clothes are winter clothes. 
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: I am sleeping great!
Favorite moment of the (past 2) week(s): I got the nursery 98% finished when I decided that I did, in fact, want to paint. Down came the curtains, floating shelves, everything. My mom came over and helped me paint last Thursday and Saturday, and I've almost gotten it all put back together. I'll post some pictures at some point! Another favorite moment was getting "checked" for the first time on Thursday. While it was unpleasant, it's a huge pregnancy milestone. I can't believe we're to this point! In addition, the sweet girls in our class at church threw me a baby shower yesterday afternoon. I had such a great time with them, and I left feeling extremely blessed! I've also packed my hospital bag, which I oddly enjoyed quite a bit!
Miss anything? Not anything that pregnancy has anything to do with
Movement: See first paragraph of this post. :) I'll add to it by saying he has managed to hurt me multiple times with his movements, but I wouldn't trade it for anything (besides his arrival). 
Cravings? Nothing consistent.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Yes. Pregnancy. 
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope. I've felt crampy off and on, but that's pretty much it. 
Symptoms: Back pain, nausea, reflux. Oh, and we think Owen is somehow sitting on a nerve because I have almost fallen down twice with horrible, sharp pain shooting through my thighs. It only lasts a few seconds, but it's impossible to ignore. I feel that pain several times a day. Sometimes it's that intense, and other times it isn't so bad. That's been interesting!
Belly button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On, but this week is the first week that it's been a problem. I struggle to even get them on. Getting them off is just comical. 
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: LABOR AND DELIVERY! I am ready to hold my babe. {Aaaand that is the understatement of the century.}
Freak-out moment of the week: See paragraph #1. I've also been having "oh my gosh, are we going to be able to handle this?" moments. Every night. One night I asked Ryan if he thought it would be best if we gave Owen up for adoption. Ha!  (Owen, if you are reading this, 1) it means you are 18 years old and finally allowed to use the internet, and 2) I'm sorry; I never meant it. We love you!)  :-)
Thankful for: My doctor, Ryan, my mom's help, and having made it this far with absolutely no problems. I can't believe it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment