4.21.2014

Tomorrow

Written March 31, 2014--my due date. :-)


Tomorrow we meet our son, Owen. I have so many thoughts and emotions of all different kinds. I am really glad to know that come tomorrow, my nightly freak-outs can come to an end...although really I know it will just change to a different kind. Ha! Ryan is a champ and handles me perfectly. I am (we both are) so excited to lay eyes on Owen for the first time, but that doesn't mean I'm not fearful or nervous.

I know that couples who have kids right away definitely face challenges that come along with that. I can't even imagine. I have said numerous times that I am so thankful for the time Ryan and I have had--just the two of us--before having kids, but tonight I realized that the time we've had might make it more difficult to adjust. We've had almost five sweet married years together, just the two of us, and it's scary that it's all about to change. I was explaining this to him tonight and said, "I really like it just the two of us." He said, "I know; I do, too. But I think we'll like it the three of us, too." Cue my tears!

I know Owen will fit perfectly into our little family. I can't wait to become a parent with Ryan; I already know it will melt my heart to watch him be a dad because I melt every day just from him being my husband. Tomorrow our lives will change forever, and although it is scary to me, I am thankful to be walking into this season of life with my man.

You're my #1, babe. Love you darlin' sugar buns. ;)
 
(Photo by Crystal Goss)

(Photo by Kelsey Crawford)

(Photo by Kelsey Crawford)


No comments:

Post a Comment