2.24.2014

35 Weeks

My feet are just a wee bit swollen, but that's about as bad as they've gotten so far! 

Weeks: 35
Baby: Most 35 week babies are around 5.5 lbs and 18 inches long. I wish I knew Owen's stats! ha. He's pretty much head down at this point, getting ready to make his appearance!
Total weight gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Mostly Maternity 
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: I am mostly sleeping well, although I've had "insomnia" a couple of nights, even with my Doxylamine. It stinks.
Favorite moment of the week: Maternity pictures by Kelsey! Poor Ryan had two of us pregnant gals to deal with, but it was so fun. :) Saturday we had a "prepared childbirth" class from 9-5, and it was mostly fun and interesting. We both thought it went by quickly, so that was nice. ha! And my true favorite moment of the week is that my friend Jamie gave birth to her seriously adorable little girl, Millie, last night--on my birthday! Jamie, Kelsey, and I have had an ongoing group text ever since the three of us discovered we were pregnant together over the summer. It's been such a blessing, and it's so neat to see Jamie enter motherhood!
Miss anything? Not too bad... I had one "I'm tired of being pregnant" moment, but I was feeling particularly horrible and just couldn't see past it. 
Movement: He's moving quite a bit, and sometimes it hurts. There's a good chance that if you touched my belly you'd feel a foot or elbow sticking out. My favorite is when I can tell it's his little bum! Since he's finally up and down like he should be, he's been able to move a little lower. I got up to pee three times in less than thirty minutes the other night. No bueno.
Cravings? Nothing consistent.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Yes. Pregnancy. 
Gender: BOY! 
Labor signs: Nope. I've felt crampy off and on, but that's pretty much it. 
Symptoms: Lots. Heartburn and reflux are really common these days; I've been having to double up on my Zantac in order to be able to sleep. Also, I've been super claustrophobic this week. I don't really know what's up with that, but I feel really crowded quite easily. I think I say "I can't fit there" every time we are in public. 
Belly button in or out? Out. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Good
Looking forward to: I'm really, really looking forward to the breastfeeding class I'm going to tomorrow evening. There was a brief segment about breastfeeding at our childbirth class, and it was one of my favorite parts of the day! Next Thursday (as in 10 days from now) I start my weekly appointments and will get "checked" for the first time. On second thought, that really doesn't belong in the "looking forward to" section. ha.
Freak-out moment of the week: I don't think I had one. However, my nursery is was 95% complete, but I just had to go buy paint yesterday. I am so mad at myself! Down come the curtains, floating shelves, and everything else we've worked on. Oh, and if I end up not liking it, I will paint it back to its original color. #pregnant ;)
Thankful for: My doctor and modern medicine, because most of my anxieties about labor and delivery are put at ease between those two right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment