10.02.2011

Work

I don't love my job.

My old job stressed me out, but I was guaranteed to laugh, cry, get angry, find joy, feel loved, and be despised all in one week. I loved it. Now, I don't do any of those things at my job. I simply come and go. I can perform my job duties while being brain-dead and distant. It requires nothing of me. Even when I'm teaching all day or part of a day, the same rules apply. It's the easiest thing I've ever done, and I don't love it.

It is boring and easy and dumb...

And I'm just ranting at this point.

I like the teachers, and I like the kids, but it doesn't even matter. The other day some people around me were talking about the X-Factor and Idol, but I just remained silent and acted like I had never heard of them. You, my readers, know I'm obsessed with singing competitions on television, so it was so out of character for me. I'm just not connected to this job in any manner.

It's quite strange. But I don't care. The reason I go is so I can leave. You know? But it's ok. :) I considered not writing about this, but it's my blog, and I don't care at this point.

In other news, I got to go to central Arkansas this weekend to see some friends and my old students at homecoming. I really enjoyed that! I'm also looking forward to this weekend; we are going to a local corn maze with my family. This was one of my favorite things to do in Little Rock, so I hope this one can compare!

Anyway, if you're of the prayin' type, send some my way--specifically that my days at this job will go by quickly and that I'll daily be reminded that it's only temporary. Most importantly, that I'll receive some direction as to what to do next year. I'll work at Taco Bell before doing this again. Not a joke... at least not tonight. :)

7 weeks down, 29 to go.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel, kiddo. It's a strange feeling... I was so excited to "get out" of middle school. Now, I would give anything to go back. :/ If it comes down to fast food employment, Arby's isn't that bad. HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete