10.03.2011

Don't Worry

Yesterday my pastor's message was about worrying. Nobody likes to worry, but we all seem to do it, just because. It is harmful, and also sinful. Ever thought about it like that? Easier said than done, so don't choose to be weak. I have to tell you what my pastor said (my paraphrased version, of course):

Worrying is an issue of obedience vs. disobedience. God commands us not to worry in the same way He commands us not to murder, or not to steal.  

It certainly is stated as a command in Matthew 6, so why do we ignore this command while upholding others? I had never thought of it that way. But DUH. There is no rationalizing that I should be worrying about something; it's disobedient to God. So now that you've read this and been taught what I have been taught, you're also held accountable. No excuses. It is sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment