6.02.2011

Bittersweet

I love words so much. I told a friend earlier that I am a "quote junkie." Whatever. I'm not feeling too philosophical today, so I'll just quickly say that I feel weird when I go a while without writing something. I don't like it, so I set aside just a few minutes to give an update on our lives.

I still have school through next week. I'm sure most teachers hate it, but I'm trying to soak up as much as I can before I have to move. It's the most bittersweet feeling I've ever had, followed closely by graduating high school and leaving for college. I've been looking forward to this all year long, but now that it's here, I'm feeling much more sadness than I had ever expected. I've lived in Central Arkansas for 6 years now--not just any random 6 years of my life, but some of the most important years: college, first 2 years of marriage, first 2 years of a real, "big girl" job.

What's gotten to me the most so far is leaving my students. Sure, I'm happy the year is ending and that I get a break, but there are a few students whom I love to pieces. I don't know if it's because I'm young or because I just happened to find that connection with a few of them (which I know could happen only like once in a billion light years), but I feel like I am leaving a couple little siblings behind. Weird, I know. But it's true. I'm definitely struggling there.

I'm not even to the point of thinking about leaving my friends and this city in which I adore living. If I began considering that in conjunction with the aforementioned, I'd be one hot mess. I've hated my job at times, but looking back, it's been incredible. Just trust me when I say I can't stand to leave it.

Cannot stand it.

Luckily, our cruise heads out on the 13th and I have that to look forward to! I don't even think I've posted about that, but we've had it planned since December or so. This Bahama Mama is ready... after this horrid sunburn goes away. When we get back from the cruise, it's moving time! I should be super excited because I don't have a job yet, which maybe means I won't have to work! Not.

Love!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love your posts. You should be a writer. Seriously. I'm sorry we could get together last weekend. I've been a little overwhelmed since I started my classes, but I'm adjusting now that I'm out of school. Lucky you getting to go on a cruise. I've never been, but would LOVE to go!! Please call me next time your in town. We will get together. Promise. And I hate to say it, but my last day was Friday. I can't believe you have to go next week as well. Ugh!
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!!! I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete