5.01.2011

Hey, Stranger!

Lately I haven't made time to blog. I think about it every day, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'm ridiculously late in saying this, but Ryan's surgery went really well. We are in week #5 now. Long story short, there was much more damage to his knee than expected, and he was told to not put any weight on it at all for 6 weeks. Thursday is our last day of that! It's been tough for me because he couldn't do anything on his own--getting drinks and food, bathing, and other normal everyday tasks. You can imagine. But he's doing great, and as long as everything goes well at his appointment Thursday, he'll be walking out of the surgeon's office without crutches! He'll still have another whole 6 weeks of physical therapy, but it will be such a relief to lay down those pesky crutches. I'm stoked for him!

Somehow with taking care of all of that, I've been reading a ton lately. I haven't really been watching t.v. or getting on the Internet very much. Here's what I've read in the past 3ish weeks:

Great book. I saw the movie, too, and they are really similar. The book has more detail of course, but I enjoyed both.
This is a young adult novel. It's about a Hispanic gang member and rich, preppy white girl. I loved this book!
I cannot get this book out of my mind. I loved every second of it. It's quite adventurous and had my heart completely racing at times! It's a young adult novel, too, and I'd venture to say it's maybe my 2nd or 3rd favorite book... surprisingly.
Another great book. It's written from the perspective of a 5 year old boy who has never been outside the one room he's in. I can't tell you why or anything else about it. See for yourself!
Eh. So so. This book made me think, but it's one of the less climactic/exciting books I've read in a long time.

I enjoyed reading these little essays, both by famous people and ordinary people. Quick read.

I started this book yesterday and am about 200 pages into it (which is about half way). It's fantastic! It's a young adult novel, basically told from the perspective of a girl whose boyfriend committed a school shooting. Excellent book so far!

 I feel like I'm leaving a book out, but I can't think of what it would be. That should be it. Pick any single one of those and you will not be disappointed! My least favorite was Please Look After Mom, but books like that have their places, too. Do you have any recommendations?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I just wish I had time to read as much as you.. I have heard great things about Water for Elephants, but haven't had the chance to read it or see the movie. I have borrowed The Help from a lady I work with, but have only read the first page, but I've heard its AMAZING! Another book that I've heard great things about is The Art of Racing in the Rain..

    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Water for Elephants right now, and love it! Hopefully I can finish it before softball is over... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the suggestions coming... I'm leaving for Italy in two and a half weeks and I'm going to need some reading material for that plane ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you'll see this comment since you wrote this awhile ago, but I am going to check out 7 Souls! Thanks for the tip! Have you read the mortal instruments series or Divergent yet? Great books!

    BTW I think we must go to church together! We go to CC Fay too!

    ReplyDelete