8.02.2010

Simple Pleasures

If you know me in the context of having visited my home or my classroom, you should know how much pleasure and joy it gives me to be clean and organized. If I could get paid to organize things for people, I would. To those of you who have known me for a long time and think I'm lying, I'll admit I haven't always been this way!

Now, I find it difficult to enter a true state of relaxation if there is something that can be cleaned or organized. It all has to be completed before I can find relief, which is challenging in an apartment with little storage space. I can handle the challenge.

Let me share with you my newest undertaking: the cabinets. Not all the cabinets-- the pots and pans. I found it annoying every evening when I had to unload four pans from the cabinet just to get the one that was on the bottom. Need I even mention the lid issue? Anyone with me? So I fixed it. I forgot to take "before" pictures, but here are the "afters!"


*Sing it with me: "Haallllelujah!!"


You can find these slotted organizers at Wal Mart or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. What you see in my cabinets is actually three different kinds. My pans wouldn't fit in the white ones. Also notice the label still on the silver organizer; I wanted to make sure I was pleased with it before taking that off!

Sure, it's a far cry from perfect. But it's a few trillions better than it was before. We also have two extra large plastic tubs full of more kitchen utensils, gadgets, glass pans. I can't wait to get a larger kitchen! In the mean time, you can find me coveting Rachel Ray's kitchen (which is actually quite small... so nevermind).

3 comments:

  1. I totally did that too! Next on the list- tupperware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Isn't summer great?! My (tiny) spice cabinet has gone crazy. You can come fix it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! It makes the most sense to keep my largest frying pan on the bottom of the stack... which means I ALWAYS have to dig it out from under the others.

    ReplyDelete