2.24.2010

Sweet.

Everything is so much more fun when you are sharing it with at least 100 others. Seriously! It was so much fun to hear my 10th graders tell me "Happy Birthday" to the point of annoyance. It was so sweet when they came in yesterday morning with cupcakes and fruit punch for their afternoon classes. It was sweet to have my teacher friends celebrate my birthday with me.

It was sweet when Ellen brought me this:


And Stacy brought me this:

.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better...



My sissy showed up at my door step!!! I could not believe my eyes. She and Ryan did a great job pulling that one off because it is difficult to surprise me. In fact, I don't think I've ever been surprised before. Being twenty three is fabulous.

Plus, we got to eat lots of ice cream cake:


I forgot to take a picture before we cut the cake, so no close up for you! 

We laughed and laughed. Talked and ate. Laughed some more. Then we all went to bed. Sadly, when I got home today, our little treasure (sister) was gone. But I did come home to this:


It doesn't look fun; I know. It looks like medicine; I know. 
It is. But I don't have to take it! It's the first medicine that Ryan made at school in his Solution Lab. It's actually Calamine lotion. :) I thought it was super neat. He made the label and everything. Now I'm just waiting for chapstick week...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you had such a fun birthday! And completely agree that having 100(ish) students makes it even more fun. I realized that day that none of my students will be the next American Idol, but they were still adorable. ;) I hope you get to go ice skating, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meggo.. I hope you had a wonderful b-day! Not sure if you received my text or not...

    ReplyDelete