2.15.2010

Happy Valentine's Day (an extended celebration)






I love Valentine's Day. I've never thought much of the holiday. I've never disliked it, but I just never thought about it. Ryan and I have never gotten to actually be together on the actual day of Valentine's Day. Except last year. Last year, we were so excited to get to be together on Valentine's day. I went to visit him at Lyon, and I ended up having a relapse of my stomach issues. He brought me soup and flowers, and he ate sonic. How romantic.

This year was much better. It was our first actual Valentine's date, even after all these years! I was anticipating this holidy for about two weeks. I was making Valentine crafts (I had such a blast making these cards!), looking up Valentine crafts, browsing through Valentine merchandise at every store imaginable. I didn't go overboard this year, but I have big plans for Valentine decorating next year. Get ready. :)

I love this time of year because I get double presents from Ryan since my birthday is also in February. He got me a new orange iPod and I was so delighted! He already regrets it; we haven't had a conversation since I opened it.
I got Ryan clothes to celebrate this holiday. If I didn't buy him clothes, he would be naked. I can't remember the last time he bought clothes, but atleast he wears clothes that I consider to be visually appealing. I also bought him some cupcakes from a local place, Cupcakes on Kavanaugh. D-e-lic-ious. I never knew a cupcake could be so special. These are divine. Trust me.

Ryan tried to eat them all in one day, but I made him spread it out across two days. :)

4 comments:

  1. Gosh. I'm so jealous! You are so creative! I think you would be an awesome stay at home mom that sits around and does crafty things all day! Tell Ryan I said that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan's comment.
    Also, I'm nervous that when my future husband meets you (assuming I have one of those), there's a chance he will expect much more out of me... :\ Uh-oh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how sappy I am, but I liked the part about food...

    Oh, I decided to go ahead and sign this with my wordpress name. That was a nice stroll down memory lane. For future reference, Liz = artgirl10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post some pics of your apartment...I would love to see what it looks like! I'm sure its sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete