10.07.2014

5 Months


My little love is 5 months old. I've called him "little love" ever since we brought him home from the hospital. It's a funny name to call him because although he is little, my love for him is quite the opposite. There is a song that I began singing to him when I was about 8 weeks pregnant with him, and I still sing it to him; part of it says how does someone so small hold my heart so tightly? My sentiments exactly. There really isn't much I can say here that hasn't already been said. I'm basically in love with him and I don't see that changing any time soon. :)

Between four months and five months, Owen became quite a busy boy. He is rolling over both directions like a champ, playing like a big boy, and constantly talking and squealing. He smiles and laughs all the time, and it's always adorable. He is fairly consistently sleeping from 7pm-7am without needing us at all. Ryan is still feeding him a bottle around 10:30, although we are working on weaning him from that feed. He doesn't even wake up for it half of the time, but that is the only disruption from the time we put him down to the time he gets up in the morning. We still lay him on his back every night, but he quickly rolls over to his side or belly and seems to love sleeping that way.

He sometimes crawls on his back, and he looks like a little worm when he does it. It's so funny! We've caught him trying to crawl in his crib, but he has only attempted it once or twice out in the open. He also tries to imitate us. He's on a 4 hour routine now, and he eats around 8 oz. every 4 hours. He's in size 2 diapers, but size 3 for over night. He's in 3-6 month clothing, but can definitely wear a few 6-9 month clothes. He's still the cutest thing I've seen in my entire life, obviously.

Our days keep getting brighter and brighter, little one. Love you to pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment