6.08.2014

2 Months

 

As of Sunday, I have a two month old. Tuesday, a 9 week old. Since I'm posting this a week after I wrote it (um, life with Owen is cuh-razy), this Tuesday he will be 10 weeks old. There is a certain ache that runs through my body every time I think about how quickly he has grown and changed already. I look at pictures from the earliest weeks and can't comprehend that it's the same baby in those pictures as the one in my arms. During these past two months, I have learned patience and selflessness like never before. Ok, maybe just with Owen. Someday it will carry out into other relationships :) Truly though, I've never had to give of myself in such a way, and I never imagined I could find such joy in doing so.

At two months, Owen is growing like a weed! He is 25 inches long ("100th" percentile), and 12 lb 10 oz (75th). Right now he's looking tall and skinny, although he's finally getting a little meat on those yummy thighs! He has been loving his playmat and his swing, and I enjoy being able to put him down every now and then. He's becoming increasingly aware of his tongue and is frequently sticking it out! It's so cute. He loves looking at lights, even natural light through the window, and he loves watching ceiling fans! Although it's gotten a lot better, he still fights sleep during the day and is almost impossible to console at times. Sometimes he insists on being held, but lots of times he'll cry and cry until you lay him down alone somewhere. I think he is starting to enjoy being alone some (a shining glimpse of my personality)! There aren't many things he seems to dislike these days. Although he will do tummy time for a few minutes and is impressively strong, he screams any time I lay him on his belly. Other than that, he is fairly agreeable for the time being! This week he started showing interest in some toys and started trying to grab them for the first time. He can also move himself 90 degrees when we lay him down on his playmat. Little guy has been busy growing and learning! He's been to the church nursery twice now, for three hours each time... we go to service and then to our fellowship class. I think he does ok in there, but I purposely don't ask for details just in case. Last week he was deep asleep in someone's arms when I went to pick him up, and I was truly so happy that he felt safe and loved enough to do that.

The best part about Owen being two months old is that he's smiling now! He started smiling quite a bit these past two weeks. It's hit or miss, and he doesn't always do it, but I become a puddle every time he does. It's the best smile I've ever seen in my whole entire life!

Our schedule:
7:00- eat
Lay on my bed or playmat while I get ready... usually I take a million pictures of him at this time! :)
9 or so- nap (usually in swing)

10- eat
11- leave the house and nap in carseat from 11 or 11:30-1

1-eat
2 or 2:30-4 or 4:30- nap in crib

4 or 4:30- eat
play on playmat, swing, snuggle, etc.
6 or so- nap

6:45- bath (if it's a bath night), change diaper, swaddle
7- eat, then snuggle and rock... I lay him down in his crib after he's asleep, and sometimes while he's still awake.

He usually falls asleep between 8 and 9, but most consistently around 8:15.

Repeat the next day! :)

I start back at school this week and will be gone from 11-4 on Mondays, and 4-9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He will already be in bed by time I get home those days. Break. My. Heart. I love him so!

Edit 6/09/14: Things I forgot to include in this post but want to remember: Owen is in size 1 diapers, 0-3 month clothing, and is sleeping through the night from around 8 (sometimes as early as 7:45 or as late as 9) to around 6 (sometimes 5, sometimes 7, but almost always 6 or 6:15)! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment