9.30.2013

14 Weeks


Why do I look further along than 14 weeks? Maybe I need to re-confirm with my doctor that there is only one baby in there. Ha! 

Weeks: 14
Baby: Size of a lemon… the baby’s facial gestures (such as squinting or grimacing) may be visible even on an ultrasound! Hair is starting to sprout on his or her head. The roof of his/her mouth is also forming!
Total weight gain: I’m still not sure. My appointment is Wednesday and I will know then!
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Sleeping great. I haven’t felt like I needed a nap these past couple of weeks, which is major progress!
Favorite moment of the week:  1) I did prenatal Yoga last night and can’t wait to do it again! When we lived in Fayetteville, I loved going to the PiYo (Pilates + Yoga) class at my gym. I’ve been missing that and have been really nervous to start something new during pregnancy, but this seems to be safe and is modified for each trimester.
2) It’s not really pregnancy related, but I got to go to Conway and spend some quality time with one of my best friends, Lydia! I had such a great time with her! We lived together for 3 years in college, and yes, we’re still friends. :-)
Miss anything? My clothes are fitting funny. I’ve always wanted a bump, but the in-between stage hasn’t been too fun.
Movement: I've felt “phantom” movements a couple of times. I would swear they were real, but everything I've read suggests it's too early. So, I’m ready to feel the real deal and see how it compares!
Cravings? Still wanting lemonade a lot. I’m also loving Ched-R-Bites from Sonic. Oops. J
Anything make you queasy or sick? It’s getting better. I’m doing well as far as “aversions” go. There seems to be no specific trigger for getting queasy or sick. I know one thing: when God made Zofran, he was thinking of me. I’ve loved that drug through many seasons of my life so far. (That was possibly the weirdest statement ever… ha!)
Gender prediction: NO idea! I am more prepared for a girl, but a son would be so special, too. So, no clue and no preference.
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: This week, I’ve been able to experience a lot of relief from most of my symptoms!
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: Unchanged from last week: my mood has been consistent, and I have yet to be emotional. I’ve found myself wondering if others are just dramatic, but I’m sure my time will come! ha
Looking forward to: Appointment Wednesday, specifically hearing the heartbeat again!
Freak-out moment of the week: I experienced this in weeks 4-7, and it has returned for week 14: I’m feeling pretty good and not having as many symptoms, so I get a little anxiety about whether everything is ok. This is definitely a season of trusting the Lord like never before.
Thankful for: My husband’s genuine interest in and excitement for our baby. It’s really sweet and special, and has helped me get through some not-so-exciting days!  I’m also thankful for a couple of sweet friends (who are also great mommas) who have already been so encouraging in preparing me for my labor experience. My motto: “I was created to do this!”

And because it's hilarious: 



1 comment:

  1. I only had one totally ridiculous emotional breakdown. I think it was a mix of hormones, school, and being tired! And I used the word 'cravings' as an excuse to eat anything I wanted. ;)

    ReplyDelete