9.23.2013

13 Weeks



We're working on getting this picture thing down. Poor shirt choice in my 12 week photo. Not sure what to do with my arms at this point. Ha! :-) Ryan is a great helper!

Weeks: 13
Baby: Size of a peach, vocal cords are developing, pancreas is producing insulin, and the intestines are moving into the baby’s abdomen. Absolutely incredible!
Total weight gain: Maybe a pound or two? I don’t really know. I’ll ask my doctor when I go next week.
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Finally sleeping really well…and not during the day! Score!
Favorite moment of the week: Announcing our news on social media last week. It was so fun to see others share in our excitement!
Miss anything? Does “not puking” count?
Movement: Can’t feel any yet!
Cravings? The only consistent craving I've had is lemonade! Yellow, pink, strawberry, Kool-Aid, homemade—I don’t discriminate.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Waking up, eating, traveling, and getting sleepy. I used to be addicted to Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic, but I haven’t had one in 2 months! The thought disgusts me.
Gender prediction: NO idea!
Labor signs: Nope
Symptoms: Headaches, nausea, puking, fatigue… However, yesterday and today have been glorious compared to the past 6 weeks! 
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood: My mood has been consistent, and I have yet to be emotional. I've found myself wondering if others are just dramatic, but I’m sure my time will come! ha
Looking forward to: Appointment next week, specifically hearing the heartbeat again!
Freak-out moment of the week: Ryan’s employer is not providing insurance anymore, starting January 1st. Um, I’m having a baby in March or April. This might actually be freak-out moment of my life.
Thankful for: making it through my first trimester with no problems! I’m also thankful for this season of the Lord teaching me to trust him. We had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and will have only one more at 21 weeks. As much as I’d love to see our little one more often (i.e. EVERY DAY! J), it’s amazing how this has stretched my faith and my trust. I almost bought a Doppler online so we could hear the heartbeat any time we wanted, but I decided to embrace this time, and just trust. It feels amazing, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment: