2.04.2011

LOVE

Valentine's Day is one of my most favorite holidays, for a reason uknown to even me. I think it's a subconcious appreciation for a dainty pink/red combination, because on that day and that day only, it's acceptable to the world. But who am I kidding? The truth: I always get a more spectacular present than most because it's always combined with my birthday! Ryan and I decided that I'm very special for having been born in February. It's the least likely month in which to enter this world because it has the fewest amount of days. I always knew I was special, and I'm relieved to finally figure out why. I kid, I kid!

Even more special is this white gloriousness that has been intermittently falling from the sky this winter. I absolutely love it, and I get just as excited the fifth time as I do the first. Lately I've been craving the idea of sitting in front of a fire place in a cozy cottage, watching the snow fall outside the window. Thinking about this scene relaxes me immediately. I don't know where this originated or why it has this effect on me, but I'm rolling with it.

Maybe it's because I've been painfully busy lately. I can't even begin to give details other than the fact that I've been reduced to working, and sleeping in between working binges. Between my job and my classes, I have no evenings and no weekends unless I choose to sacrifice sleep. Last night was parent-teacher conferences (which I enjoyed), so we didn't have school today. It was helpful, but again, I was running around like a fool to do the things that needed to be done. I did get to stop and savor a decent chunk of time with Lydia, which was so wonderful and necessary to my vitality. I enjoy being busy, but not when I don't even have the freedom to procrastinate!

But I'm not complaining. Busyness can be so fulfilling sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. You're just so sweet! I am so glad you are having such a great month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, the idyllic snowfall/cottage scene comes from the movie The Holiday. Kate Winslet's little house in Surrey, England. :) And I'm with ya... I don't get many snow days anymore and I want one!

    ReplyDelete