2.28.2011

February, will you be mine?

I kept a "time sheet" the week before last to see how many hours I worked in a week: 70. Clearly that was a busy week; they're not all like that, but it's not uncommon. Part of it was for my job and part of it was for the classes I'm taking. I was surprised by that number because, well, I think I just handle it well. That being said, I'm taking a personal day tomorrow to just clear my head and get refocused. I have surplus amounts of work to do while I am on my "personal day," but I already know it will help me more than anyone can understand. I remember calling in sick one day during my student teaching so I could fill out job applications and do wedding planning. That was a stressful day, but it allowed me to get it over with and focus on the task at hand for the remainder of the semester. So that's similar to what I'm doing tomorrow, in a sense. I love clearing the path to a relaxing near-future.

We should find out next week whether we'll be in Fayetteville or not. If you know me at all, you know I haven't doubted it one bit. I feel completely silly saying we'll "find out" because I already know! I can't believe how quickly time is zooming by. It's already March! Ryan and I are still successfully following our "Read the Bible in a Year" plan. I truthfully didn't think we'd make it this far because the first couple of months is what I consider to be the more boring parts. But we're trucking along!

We also, for the month of February, decided that every single day we were going to text each other something that we love about the other. It ended today, and I think I'll be sad when I don't get one of those texts tomorrow. It was very sweet and I recommend that you do the same. After a while--after you get past the "I love those soccer legs" and the "I love your beautiful smile"--you have to think in order to come up with something. Those were my favorites. It helped us focus on each other and deepen our appreciation for each other. Oh, what fun!

In other news, I'm obsessed with Idol as always. It's on for several hours during the week, but since it is literally the only show that I watch, I can swing it. :) Also, I'm totally loving my Nook. I got another Birthday surprise, too: a huge aquarium! I have to wait until we move to set it up and move over the fish from my small aquarium, but it was a great deal and we couldn't pass it up. I'm way too excited about it! This has been the best month ever, especially since it was topped off with seeing our families for the first time since Christmas. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I can't wait to see them more often than we've been able to in the past!

All of this, coupled with the blizzards, tornadoes, sunshine, and earthquakes we've had in Central Arkansas this month, life has certainly been exciting! I loved this month.

1 comment:

  1. MEG! I forgot your birthday... I'm a horrible friend. Happy late birthday! :)

    -Meg

    ReplyDelete