2.02.2015

9 & 10 Months



Owen is 10 months old! Over the past two months, he has grown and learned so much. He is more fun than ever before, and when I have to leave him, it's so much harder for me now than it was when he was tiny. It's been lots of fun at our house since he learned to crawl a few weeks ago! He's so happy now that he's able to have some independence.

He loves to eat! The only two things I've seen him refuse to eat so far are ham and mac n cheese. So not my kid. He loves bread, and when he has it, it's always the first food to disappear from his tray. Definitely my kid. :) At 9 months, he was almost 24 pounds and a little over 31 inches. He's a big boy! He's wearing 12 month clothes (9-12 or 6-12) for length and size 4 diapers. He still loves his bottles, and he hyperventilates when he sees them. He enjoys drinking water out of his sippy cup, but he prefers drinking out of real cups. He's been doing that since he was about 6 months old. He currently has six teeth and seems to be working on more. He can also sometimes stand for several seconds on his own, but he doesn't like it. His first word was "uh-oh" right after he turned 8 months old. He also says "dada" and variations of "hi," "hey," and "hello." He can make the consonant sounds for b, d, g, h, n,  and we're working on m. His motor skills impress us daily. He can put things in exact spots where he wants them, and even added a block on top of a tower we made the other day. I was impressed!

People are always commenting on Owen's demeanor. Whether we're at the mall, grocery store, park, church--wherever--people always make comments about his happiness. Last week when I picked him up from the church nursery, the volunteer said "We were just talking about how rare it is to have a baby as happy as he is all the time." I love hearing that! It never gets old. I usually just smile big and say "I know!" as proudly and graciously as I can. (It's not something I have any control over, so I don't usually take credit for it by saying "thank you.":))  We went to the mall the other day, and people made very similar statements. It honestly happens almost everywhere we go. I sometimes also say "he screamed for the first four months of his life, so that's good to hear!" Ha!  Owen loves being around people. He LOVES it. He usually looks at every single person and flashes his precious grin nonstop. I'm hoping that if he ends up being as extroverted as he currently seems to be, that I will be able to meet his needs in that way without going crazy myself. If the past 10 months are any indication, though, we'll be just fine. It's crazy how meeting your baby's needs is as natural as breathing air. It really is. He is such a joy to both of us!

Favorites:
bubble wand
blocks
music set
hen and baby chick
touch and feel books
baths
people
crawling everywhere
independence
being outside
cords, blinds, doorstoppers
eyelash curler :)
blueberries
music

Dislikes:
ham
mac n cheese
snuggling
nosefrieda
anything touching his face or crowding his space
anything that gets in the way of his independence

I'm feeling under-the-weather, so that's a wrap for now. I will add his monthly picture and other pictures from the past two months later this week. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment