5.07.2010

"Me" Time

Since my last post:

I read and somewhat enjoyed Push. It's really a disturbing book. I didn't see the movie Precious, which is based off of this novel, but I was told the book is four times more graphic than the movie. Maybe that will mean something to you if you've seen the movie.
Awful, awful, awful. Very disturbing. It's not a book I would recommend, persay, but it contains content that sheltered people like myself should be aware of.




I also read Crank. The majority of my students read and adore these books by Ellen Hopkins. This was only my 2nd book of hers to actually read. They are very, very thick books, but each page is written in what appears to be poem form, but it's not actually very poetic. I like these books a lot, but this one, for example, is about a girl who gets addicted to Meth. I get tired of the "drug books" (as I've been calling them) and disturbing content, but her stories are fantastic and there's always a great lesson learned. They are relevant to my students, sadly.


Glass is the sequel to Crank, and oh my goodness. I loved this book. I loved it much more than I did Crank. It is c-r-a-z-y.






So I've read a little this past month. I also crafted a little:




































It's certainly not perfect, but it will do! :) I also rocked my Praxis III and am proud of my scores. Ryan just finished his first year of pharmacy school. Big time around our household!

1 comment:

  1. So cute meg! I am really impressed! Let me just start off by saying...what exactly "Me" time anyways? Reading, crafting...wow. The only "Me" time I get is 5 mins. in the shower.

    I did read a couple books this past month also. One being Dear John (loved the ending of the movie much better) and I am now reading The Last Song. But, I have to read at school on my prep. So...I'm just letting you know that you should enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete